Vintage 2019 is our sixth vintage and has seen us cut back production on what was a whopper of a 2018 vintage. We decided to focus on Victorian fruit as we have recently moved to Melbourne. This year we are again using fruit from Greenacres Vineyard for our Chardonnay and Blanc de Blancs sparkling Chardonnay; as well as fruit from Con Mara Vineyard to make a small batch of Shiraz and Sparkling Shiraz.
We have a number of new release wines that have been released over the last few months. These are now up on the online store and ready for purchase. These include:
– 2017 Alpine Valleys Chardonnay (Gold Medal North East Victorian Wine Challenge, 94 Points The Wine Front, 3.5 Stars Winestate)
– 2017 Alpine Valleys Shiraz (Top Gold Medal North East Victorian Wine Challenge, 94 Points QWine Reviews)
– 2018 JohannesBurg Semillon (4 Stars Winestate, Best of Regions Winestate)
– 2018 JohannesBurg Shiraz (93 Points QWine Reviews)
– 2018 Alpine Valleys Chardonnay
– 2018 Margaret River Chardonnay
Our next release is our first ever sparkling – the 2017 Alpine Valleys ‘Joan’ Blanc de Blancs Chardonnay. This will be released in an initial ~30 dozen batch out of the 100 dozen we produced. This sparkling has been tiraged by hand, and will be disgorged and capped by hand. Due to this, we have the ability to release it in multiple stages. This enables us to get the first batch to market whilst allowing the remaining to be released progressively and enable additional time to develop on lees. Eventually this will mean we will have 3 sparklings available at any one time across multiple vintages and batches.
We are also about to tirage our first ever Sparkling Shiraz. This will be made from a select blend of the 2018 Alpine Valleys Shiraz that is still in barrel.
We are offering 20% Off for the rest of May and Free Shipping on orders over $100. Simply enter the coupon code ‘May19‘ on checkout to take advantage of this offer.